Northwest Ohio Memory Care Nursing Agency
We specialize in memory care for seniors at assisted living and skilled nursing homes. Compassionate nursing care that you or your loved one deserves or your facility can depend on.
Memory Care services
Memory care services, also known as Alzheimer’s care – is a specialized service designed to keep your loved one safe in an environment that still provides some independence. The compassionate staff at Waite’s Nightingales Nursing has the expertise and training to provide this type of care.
There is a wide range of services available for memory care that can be customized for your loved one:
At-Home Memory Care
Choosing to take care of your loved one with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia can often be done safely in a residential setting. Our staff here at Waite Nightingales Nursing Agency can be your family’s support staff and provide services such as helping them get dressed, managing medications and keeping track of the overall progression of the disease.
In order for at-home care to be successful, there are 3 key things that need to be in place.
- Safety Precautions – Seniors with dementia often experience disorientation and begin to wander. A fall may result in hospitalization or an immediate need for a long-term care facility. Safety needs to change as dementia progresses.
- Maintaining Current Health – having a compassionate nurse to help you manage your loved one’s care will ensure they stay as healthy as possible. This includes managing any pre-diagnosed health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Stimulation – this is very important for seniors with early to mid-stage dementia as they benefit greatly from memory exercises as well as productive activities.
Facility Memory Care
Making the decision to place your loved one in a facility that specializes in Memory Care isn’t the easiest decision to make. Our staff can communicate with you and other healthcare professionals such as your loved one’s doctor to determine if and when you should consider placing them in a facility.
Some key factors to consider when making this decision can include the following scenarios.
- Your loved one starts wandering or you notice mysterious bruises and other small injuries that they can’t explain.
- When your loved one requires a caregiver, family, friend, or other loved one to be with them 24/7.
- A severe decline in your loved one’s health such as weight loss, illness, or incontinence.
- If they are forgetting to go to appointments, take medications, or provide basic care for themselves such as showering and eating meals regularly.
We accept private pay for home care - for any other questions please call us and we would be happy to answer them
More Types Of
Nursing Care We Provide
We can assist you or your loved one with tasks such as getting dressed, performing other at-home daily tasks, physical and occupational therapy, monitoring medications and equipment, taking vital signs, enteral feeding, IV medications, coordinating care with other healthcare staff such as your doctor, and so much more.
Providing you top-notch compassionate nursing care from the comfort of you or your loved one’s home.
We can help you to fill gaps in your staffing needs for RNs, LPNs, CNAs & STNAs. We take care of all of the HR work for you.
We can help with post-surgical care, enteral feedings, administering medications, and assist with physical and occupational therapy.
Click or Tap here to be taken to our contact us page where you can find our contact information or fill out a form to schedule a phone or in-person evaluation.